Welcome to Riviera Nayarit, Mexico! This region is a 200 mile stretch of soft sandy beaches, picturesque coves, clean ocean breezes and turquoise waters. Just north of the Puerto Vallarta International airport, the destination is just a two-hour flight from Los Angeles with many direct flights arriving daily.
Nayarit features a host of luxury resorts, stunning postcard-perfect landscapes, and is being developed in a way that protects the natural ecosystems of the area. We want to be your guides to discover all that this region has to offer for a good life and for your real estate investments.
In 2014, Bill Gates purchased The Four Seasons Hotel and Resort in Punta Mita. Michael Larson, chief investment officer for Bill Gates said in a statement: “We are a significant investor in Mexico and hold a long-term positive view on the country and its economy. This is an outstanding property asset.”
Last month, Nayarit State government officials held a ceremony to mark the start of construction of the $870 million One&Only Mandarina resort in the El Monteon community on Nayarit’s south coast. Scheduled to open 2018, Mandarina will include a second 125-room hotel, villas and haciendas.
From the Mexico Daily New May 18, the Kerzner Group says Nayarit is one of Mexico’s “exceptional regions.” Ricardo Santa Cruz of Rasaland Development added “Nayarit’s impressive natural resources allow it to create a world-class project that remains low density and eco-tourism focused.”
Nayarit will also be home to one of Mexico’s largest luxury developments, the $1.8 billion (USD) master-planned Costa Canuva. With 4.3 miles of shoreline and 630 acres of beach, estuary and mountains, the community is a joint venture between Mexico’s Fonatur and Portugal-based Mota-Engil Tourismo.
Costa Canuva will feature five luxury hotels, 3,200 rooms, mountain biking trails, a PGA-caliber golf course co-designed by Greg Norman and Lorena Ochoa, an exclusive beach club and centerpiece 250-room Fairmont Costa Canuva specialty restaurants, 13,000-square-foot Willow Stream Spa, 22,000 square feet of event space, a swimming pool, and six restaurants and bars a marina, more than 12 miles of cycling tracks designed by the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA), a canopy park with ziplines and more than 2,500 residential units.
“We are delighted to be at the forefront of establishing the new Costa Canuva community in this thriving and beautiful region,” said Kevin Frid, president, Americas for Fairmont’s parent company, FRHI Hotels & Resorts. “From the Riviera Maya to the Riviera Nayarit, we are positioning Fairmont to deliver our unique brand of luxury and genuine hospitality at Mexico’s most sought-after destinations.”
Conde Nast named Nayarit the must visit destination for 2016, and both Conde Nast and Travel Weekly named Riviera Nayarit one of the Worlds can’t miss destinations for 2015
Tourism in Mexico
According to Deloitte, Mexico offers ‘an attractive business environment, legal certainty, a large free trade agreement network and developed economic sector.’
- Income: Tourism is the 4th source of income in the country, representing 8.4% of GDP. This is expected to increase to 9.4% of GDP in 2018.
- Tourism Potential:
- o 4th Place in Cultural Tourism.
- o 5th Place Biodiversity.
- o Known Species 9th Place.
- o 10th Place in Natural Sites.
- o Repetition rate: 98%.
- o Recommendation index: 99%.
Relationship to International Market:
- Mexico is number 1 in international tourism in Latin America and 13th worldwide. There were 23.4 million tourists in 2014. (Source: WTO)
- The highest percentage of international tourists come from North America: 55% from US and 13.6% from Canada. (Source: SIOM)
- United States ranked 3rd among the countries with the highest tourism spending in 2013, while Canada ranked 7th place. (Source: OMT, preliminary figures)
Timothy Real Estate Group is a leader in real estate investment in Nayarit.
- Help you find the real estate investment that’s right for you.
- Make available to investors, a team of committed, serious and reliable professionals who advise you to purchase and deed to your property including legal and financial: cash, mortgages and installment payments.
- Provide investor’s better business opportunities and wider range of land use types at competitive prices.
We can offer you:
- Detached and attached residences
- Commercial Properties
For more details on this beautiful destination, contact us today.
By Penny Isabel